PRIORITIES OF THE BiH CEI PRESIDENCY 2016
- Follow-up initiatives along the CEI priorities outlined in the Plan of Action 2014-2016, and preparation of the new CEI Plan of Action 2017-2020.
- Promotion of the advantages of the Region.
- Strengthened cooperation with the EU and its institutions.
- Strengthening the role of the CEI as an important actor in the Region, in particular with regard to the European integration, and increasing its visibility.
- Further promotion of the CEI as a bridge between and among macro-regions.
- Further promotion of interconnectivity, in particular with regard to energy and transport infrastructure.
- Focus on sustainable development, in particular on energy efficiency and environmental issues.
- Focus on intercultural cooperation, in particular involving the youth.
- Further coping with the migration crisis.
- Further strengthening of the CEI Parliamentary and Business Dimensions.
- Continue cooperation with other relevant international and regional organisations active in the Region, in particular with the UN including on the occasion of the biannual meeting between the UN and the Regional Organisations.
The Central European Initiative (CEI) is a regional intergovernmental forum open to change. It is committed to supporting European integration through cooperation between and among its Member States and with the European Union (EU), other interested public institutions or private and non-governmental organisations (NGOs), as well as international and regional organsations. In order to offer a solid contribution to European integration the CEI combines multilateral diplomacy and project management, both as donor and recipient, while also bridging European macro-regions.
- Support CEI Member States on their path towards European integration;
- Promote the alignment of CEI Member States to EU standards;
- Implement small and medium-sized projects;
- Open to convert constructive ideas into innovative results.